The purpose of the Quesnel and District Arts Council (QDCAC) is to increase and broaden the opportunities for Quesnel and District citizens to enjoy and participate in arts, cultural and heritage activities:
- To help coordinate the work and programs of arts, heritage and cultural groups in the area;
- To stimulate and encourage the development of arts, heritage and cultural projects and activities;
- To render service to all participating member groups and individuals;
- To act as a clearing house for information on arts, heritage and cultural projects and activities in our city, region, and province;
- To foster interest and pride in the arts, heritage and culture of this community;
- To interpret the work of individuals and arts, heritage and cultural groups to the community; enlist public interest; and promote public understanding;
- To bring to the attention of civic, provincial and federal authorities, the arts, heritage, and cultural needs of this area;
- To disburse moneys made available for arts, heritage and cultural activities in the area.
The QDCAC provides annual scholarship Awards to secondary school graduates.
President: - Colleen Brines
Vice President: - Cathy Heinzelman
Treasurer: - Kirsten Pederson
Secretary: - Colleen Gauthier